Wednesday, March 7, 2012

American Student

I'm proud to be an American. Even during the current dissent that plagues our political climate; I still take pride that I am a citizen of a country that protects the philosophy of "inalienable Rights, among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" (Declaration of Independence). I am appalled when fellow citizens criticizes, the policy our elected leaders for standing firmly behind those ideals. I would not be able to attend college in my pursuit of Happiness if it wasn't for the assistance the Federal government affords me. I risk my financial futures stability on the possibility of something better by borrowing my tuition. If I did not have the possibility of this assistance my ambition and spirit would be crushed. I would be forced to accept my place in this country lacking the "natural" skills necessary to set me apart from my fellow unprepared citizens. Personally I will forever protect the freedom to learn and better myself and I will support those who feel the same; likewise I will not support those who are invested in peoples ignorance and oppress their opportunity to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment